Vision, Ethos and Values
At Hazeldene School we deeply believe in the importance of helping our pupils develop as a whole person – happy and ready to take the next steps into their education and lives beyond primary school, regardless of their starting points. We celebrate our difference and value every child’s achievements. Our aim is for all pupils to have an exciting, relevant and happy time whilst at school with us. This is underpinned by a robust and exciting curriculum which equips children with the knowledge, skills and understanding to prepare them for future life. Our curriculum promotes and fosters curiosity, confidence, independence, co-operation and high levels of self-esteem. We want Hazeldene to be at the heart of our community; supporting, changing and adapting to support the needs of our pupils, parents and the wider community. We value the way in which children are unique, celebrating diversity and valuing the importance of each person within our community. We encourage our pupils to celebrate our differences, learn from each other and celebrate our diversity. We will respect others regardless of ability, gender, ethnicity or religion. We will provide a happy, caring, supportive and positive learning community where each child can develop and extend their potential and achieve success. Our commitment to all is that children will receive an education through a curriculum that is innovative, creative and stimulating and will provide children with the building blocks to allow them to succeed in life and be the best that they can be.
We aim to create an ethos where:
- Our children are happy, feel safe and supported and enjoy coming to school.
- A welcoming atmosphere is created in school, where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued.
- Our children demonstrate good manners and show consideration to and for others.
- We stay positive, we value learning form mistakes and we keep going when things become tough.
- Our children are keen, enthusiastic and totally engaged in their learning.
- Our children are reflective and thoughtful about their experiences.
- Our children are motivated and have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners.
- Our school environment supports children’s learning and values their achievements.
- Teaching is creative, exciting and stimulates and extends children’s thinking.
- Our staff are committed professionals who demonstrate a love of teaching, a passion for their own, as well as children’s learning and development, and genuine care for the children they teach.
- We work together to care for our environment and the world around us.
- We will work in partnership with families and find opportunities for pupils to share their learning experiences with parents and carers.
- Our children have a genuine pride in themselves, their efforts and achievements. Talents and creativity are nurtured and encouraged.
We have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
|Core Value||Linked Value Year A||Linked Value Year B|